Traveling in fall is a very smart thing to do. Fall offers travelers fewer crowds, mild temperatures (in most places), and naturally, plenty of photo opportunities when the fall colors reach their peak. This week, join the About.com Travel Channel on our journey through beautiful fall foliage from all over the world.
- If you're in the U.S., there might just be one of the 5 best US State Parks to see fall foliage. Take a look to see which states' parks made it onto the list!
- Southwest U.S.: Looking for Fall color? From the Aspens of Colorado to the riot of color in Arizona's high country, the Southwestern United States offers a leaf-peeper's paradise. Get detailed information on timing and how to find the places where the leaves are turning. Bring your camera!
- Southeast U.S.: The peak time for beautiful fall foliage in the Southeast lasts until November. If you can't go there yourself, enjoy these fall foliage photos of some of the stunning fall destinations in the Southeast U.S.
- Northwest U.S.: There also are areas with the vibrant colors of fall in the Northwest. The fall colors of maple and aspen in the Northwest can be as spectacular as any in this country.
- New York City, NY: Whether you want to wander on your own observing the beautiful colors of the changing autumn leaves or are hoping to get a tour, there are some great ways to see colorful fall foliage in and around New York City.
- Canada: Find the 10 best places to see fall foliage and know that Ontario, Quebec or the Maritime provinces are probably your best bet to see fall foliage in Canada.
EUROPE & ASIA
- Germany: The German Wine Road, Germany's oldest scenic drive, is especially beautiful in the fall. Or, follow the images of a river cruise along the Main river to view central Europe's intense fall foliage.
- This time of year is also very relaxing and pretty in Italy. Take a look at the fall colors in the Langhe region.
- While all of France is charming in fall, there are a a few locations you have to see if you're looking for fall foliage in France.
- When it comes to fall foliage in northern Europe, the countries of Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark, put on a bright display each year.
- Kyoto, Japan, is one of the most popular destinations for fall foliage in Asia, and it's crowded by tourists until early December. Would you have guessed that you can enjoy lots of fall foliage in Japan?
On a more romantic note, you can even look for the best romantic fall resorts now that the kids are back in school. Or, find out everything you need to plan a honeymoon from fall destinations to activities in the article Fall for Lovers.