The Bottom Line
- Reasonable admission prices
- Variety of ticket options
- Great for all ages
- Rides often have very long lines
- Can be very crowded on weekends
- Food & drink can be expensive
- Known for its live music, Grona Lund's biggest music event was Bob Marley who performed for about 27,000 people in 1980.
- Don't miss the ride Viking Ship - after all, you are in Scandinavia!
- Grona Lund can be reached (or left) by boat to the islands Slussen, Nybroplan and Skeppsholmen.
Guide Review - Tivoli Grona Lund in Stockholm (Review)
The park offers typical amusement park attractions - rollercoasters, rides, a house of fun, a free-fall ride, a haunted house and more. A wide variety of concerts by both Swedish and international artists take place here every summer. The Grönalundsteatern theater is located here as well. You can even go on a cultural walk or check out an art exhibition.
Gröna Lund, Lilla Almanna Grand 9, 115 21 Stockholm, Sweden
Tickets / Admission: Tivoli Grona Lund has two types of tickets: Cheaper "entry" tickets that work through a couponing system with each ride, and unlimited tickets that include all rides (great if you plan on riding a lot.)
The Tivoli Grona Lund is open from April through September. To get to this amusement park, I recommend taking the Djurgarden ferry departing from Slussen, for a beautiful (but short) ride across the waters of Stockholm. Or, take bus 47 at the Central Station towards Waldermarsudde and get off at the Konsthallen/Gröna Lund stop.
The prices within the park are quite high. Eating at a restaurant in Stockholm before you enter this amusement park will definitely help your wallet.