Good Things About Toilets in Denmark:
- There are many public restrooms (including baby changing facilities) in busy areas and close to parks, plaza squares, and popular sights.
- Many toilets in Denmark are free, even at airports and train stations.
- Danish restrooms are modern, clean facilities and are very handicap-friendly.
- Toilets in Denmark are cleaned regularly, especially toilets in restaurants and shopping centers. Some public toilets in Denmark are self-cleaning.
- There are no squat toilets!
- There are no squat toilets (just in case you're a fan of those.)
- On occasion, toilets in Denmark require change, e.g. a 2 Kroner coins. Keep a couple of coins on hand.
- Just like anywhere else, toilets at Danish airports and train stations can sometimes look and/or smell unsanitary. If you’d rather wait, simply go to the bathroom at your hotel in Denmark upon arrival.
This travel tip is part of the series Toilets in Scandinavia where you can find information about restrooms in other Scandinavian countries as well.