Typical travel items like clothes, cameras, and similar personal goods normal for the purpose of your visit can be taken through customs in Finland duty free, without having to be declared (= green customs line upon arrival in Finland, blue customs line for EU citizens). Going through one of those customs lines is for travelers without anything to declare, but customs does random checks. If they find something that should have been declared, you may be charged double the import tax.
- How much money can I bring? Finland customs allows travelers to bring as much currency as they would like. There are no restrictions.
- Can I bring tobacco to Finland? Yes, you can if you’re 18 or older. The allowable limit per adult is 200 cigarettes or 250 grams tobacco for non-EU citizens. Travelers living in the EU have no restrictions on tobacco, as long as it’s a sensible amount for personal use.
- Can I take alcoholic beverages to Finland? Yes. Customs lets you bring beverages with less than 22% alcohol if you’re 18 or over, and beverages with more than 22% alcohol if you’re at least 20. Limit: 1 liter of spirits OR 4 liters of wine OR 16 liters of beer can be brought into Finland.
- What are the Finnish customs rules for medicines? Finland allows travelers from the European Economic Area to bring personal prescription medicines (up to a one year supply) without a customs declaration. All others can bring a 90-day supply of personal prescription drugs to Finland. A formal doctor’s note may be requested by Finland customs officials. Some types of narcotics are more highly restricted, however.
- What is restricted by Finland's customs regulations? Don’t bring illegal drugs, prescription medicines not for personal use or in large quantities, weapons (includes knives) and ammunition, copyright infringing works, plants, fireworks, endangered animals’ furs, exotic animals and items made from such.
- How can I bring my pet to Finland? If you want to bring your dog or cat to Finland, familiarize yourself with the requirements for traveling to Finland with pets.