Iceland's longitude – the location of the country – would indicate that Iceland should be one hour behind GMT, but this is not the case.
Iceland does not observe Daylight Saving Time, and as such does not change clocks to summer time (Daylight Saving Time) at all. Iceland stays on GMT/UTC throughout the year.
You can easily compare your location to see your time difference to the current time in Iceland:
- US Eastern Standard Time: Iceland is 5 hours ahead of you.
- US Central Standard Time: Iceland is 6 hours ahead of you.
- US Pacific Standard Time: Iceland is 8 hours ahead of you.
- Japan Standard Time: Iceland is 9 hours behind you.
- Australia Time/Melbourne: Iceland is 11 hours behind you.