Part of the article collection Driving in Scandinavia.
You'll be driving on your next Sweden vacation? Find out more about how to drive in Sweden, and get useful driving tips for Swedish roads...with these 7 practical tips for drivers:
1. Important Basics for Driving in Sweden
2. Speed Limits in Sweden
3. Swedish Safety RegulationsSeat belts are required, and the same goes for your headlights. Lights must be on at all times. Snow tires are required from December until March.
4. Alcohol While Driving in SwedenSweden is VERY strict when it comes to drunk driving. Police can require a breathalyzer test without reason, and if it's over 0.2 promille, there will be a high fines and/or jail sentence.
5. Renting a Car in SwedenRenting a car in Sweden is easy, but note that the minimum age for renters is 20. The car rental agency will want to see your passport and foreign driver's license, at the very least. Click to compare current rates and details.
6. Documents for Driving in SwedenTo drive legally in Sweden, you will need your driving licence, your passport, and the car's insurance certificate and registration.
7. Emergency Assistance on the RoadIn emergencies, you can reach the Police, local fire department, and ambulance by calling "112" nationwide in Sweden.
Go back to the main article Driving in Scandinavia to learn more about driving in the other countries.