Good Things About Toilets in Norway:
- The toilets are modern, sometimes in Scandinavian designs, or have murals on the walls to keep you entertained.
- Toilets in Norway are self-cleaning (public toilets) or cleaned manually on a regular basis, especially toilets in malls and sit-down restaurants.
- There often are public toilets near popular sights.
- There are no squat toilets I've found.
- There are no squat toilets (just in case you're a fan of those.)
- Just like toilets in Sweden, the ones in Norway usually cost you exact change. Better have some on hand.
- Toilets at Norwegian airports and train stations can be smelly and unsanitary. If possible, delay your bathroom break until you reach your hotel in Norway.
And to all of you guys out there: Don't "go" behind a bush or a tree. In Norway, that'll earn you an official citation and a fine.
This travel tip is part of the series Toilets in Scandinavia where you can find information about restrooms in other Scandinavian countries as well.