Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 bottle of red wine
- 0.5 Liter inexpensive brandy or vodka
- 10 cardamom pods
- 1 cinnamon stick (broken down)
- 1/2 orange peel (dried or fresh)
- 1/2 lbs sugar (regular or lumps)
- Optional additions: 5 cloves, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup almonds, 5 dried figs
Be careful not to boil the mixture; just let it simmer for about 45 minutes.
Then, strain through a cloth to remove all additions.
Serve your Glogg hot over lumped sugar (or with regular granulated sugar).
Optional: You can also serve the Glogg with raisons or almonds. If you'd like the drink to be stronger, use more brandy.
This Glogg recipe makes approx 1.5 Liter (close to 1/2 gallon).